In order to better serve your warranty needs, we ask that you fill out this product registration form and mail it, along with a copy of your receipt(s) or other proof(s) of purchase, to Belco Forest Products, Attention: Product Registration, 1890 E Johns Prairie Rd, Shelton, WA 98584. All information will be kept private and is used strictly for warranty verification purposes.
XT Trim and XT Post Product Registration Form (01/2023)
Notice of Claims
All claims must be submitted in writing to the installer, who must be afforded a reasonable opportunity to take corrective action or to notify responsible parties. If a claim is not resolved within thirty (30) days after notice to the installer, written notice* must be given within the Warranty Period to Belco Forest Products, Attention: XT Products Manager, 1890 E Johns Prairie Rd, Shelton, WA 98584. Belco must then be given a reasonable opportunity to investigate the claim before corrective action is taken. When making any warranty claim, you may be required to send photographs and pieces of damaged and sound wood to Belco. In addition, Belco must be permitted to inspect the structure and test the wood.
* If product registration has been completed, only written notice is required. However, if your purchase is not registered with Belco, written notice and a copy of the receipt(s) or other proof(s) of purchase is required before Belco will take any action.
Belco Forest Products (“Belco”) warrants the purchaser, the first owner of the structure to which XT Preservative Treated Products (“Product”) are applied & the first subsequent owner of said structure, for a period of twenty (20) years from the date of installation (“Warranty Period”), that the Product, under normal conditions of use & exposure, when stored, installed, painted & maintained in accordance with Belco’s Installation & Handling Instructions will perform as follows:
- All XT Trim, and XT Post (solid and chased) used in a structural or non-structural application, will be free from delamination and manufacturing defects that cause excessive swelling, blistering, peeling, cracking, or chalking
- All XT Trim and XT Post (solid and chased) used in a non-structural application, will also be free from damage resulting from decay fungi which would render such Product structurally unfit for its intended application
- All XT Trim will be free against damage resulting from decay fungi which would render such product structurally unfit for its intended application
- All XT Trim will be free from manufacturing defects that cause excessive swelling, blistering, peeling, cracking or chalking
If at any time during the Warranty Period Belco determines that the Product has failed to meet the terms set forth in this warranty, Belco’s sole and exclusive liability will be for replacement or reimbursement, at Belco’s option, of the failed Product. If the Product that failed is part of a larger product or structure, Belco shall only be liable for the specific part or component which failed to comply with the warranty. Belco shall not be liable for (a) the cost of purchasing or applying the topcoat, (b) any costs associated with repair, removal, or disposal of damaged Product or the transport, handling, delivery, installation, construction or repair of any replacement Product, or (c) any incidental, special, indirect, multiple, punitive, or consequential damages resulting from any defect in Product, including but not limited to personal injury, damage to property, loss of goodwill, or lost profits. In any event, Belco’s obligation under warranty shall not exceed the value of the Product subject to the claim as set forth on the purchase invoice.
Failure to read & follow Belco‘s Installation & Handling Instructions, and the terms, conditions, requirements, limitations & exclusions stated in said document, will void the warranty. Any Product found to be unsatisfactory prior to installation, must not be installed & should be returned to the dealer where it was purchased for replacement Product. Belco will not be responsible in any way if defective or unacceptable Product is installed.
REQUIREMENTS FOR COVERAGE
All of the following conditions must be met for Product to be covered under this warranty:
- Product must be treated and primed in a factory setting, by Belco, in compliance with all written specifications, technical information & standards provided by the supplier and in accordance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations & industry standards
- Product must be installed within the continental United States and constructed in accordance with all applicable building codes and inspected and certified for compliance by a local building code official
- All surfaces & edges of the Product must be continuously protected from exposure to precipitation & other sources of water by the coating & topcoat as set forth below:
- All surfaces and edges of the Product MUST be topcoated with a total of two (2) coats, within sixty (60) days of Product installation. Topcoat may be a clear finish or paint that is compatible with the primer, applied in accordance with all specifications, guidelines & recommendations of the topcoat manufacturer, and carries a warranty of no less than fifteen (15) years
- Field cuts must be treated at time of construction with a suitable wood preservative end cut solution and topcoated AND/OR primed and topcoated prior to installation
- Product must be used in above ground applications, no less than eight (8) inches above grade & have no direct contact with concrete or metal sill plates.
- The Product must not be installed in any location that is continuously exposed to moisture, it being expressly understood that Products installed within the splash zone of sprinklers or gutters, or in locations subject to direct or indirect fresh or salt water spray, snow pack or water drainage shall not be covered
- Proper maintenance schedules, including the maintenance requirements of the priming & topcoating, must be followed
Warranty Limitations & Exclusions
This warranty does not cover loss or damage of any kind resulting from any of the following:
- Damage to Any Product that does not Satisfy all Conditions Set Forth in the “Requirements for Coverage”
- Non-Structural Fungal Attack, including surface mold growth (including stains in the wood such as blue stain) on the wood substrate or on the top of the coating or topcoat
- Damage Resulting from Insects, including termites
- Improper Further Processing, Repair or Alteration, including but not limited to trimming, gluing, movement of the Product from the original location of its installation, or performance of finish coatings; failure of any such alterations to meet or exceed all requirements hereunder as applicable to original construction
- Improper Shipping, Handling, Installation and/or Maintenance, including but not limited to failure to follow Belco Forest Products’ Installation & Handling Instructions, improper installation of framing lumber or other accessories, damage from incorrect design of structure, neglect, abuse, accidental damage, damage from falling objects, removing mildew, caulking, touching up damaged areas or other appropriate maintenance causing abrasions from rubbing, scratching, dents, dings, or other misuses of the Product
- Improper Storage, it being expressly understood and agreed that storage of Product in an uncovered state prior to installation is improper • Extreme Weather Conditions, including but not limited to hail, lightning, tornado, fire, heat, freeze, windstorm, earthquake, unusual climate conditions, or other act of God
- Prolonged Contact with Water, including failure to cover exposed surfaces with a topcoat and expansion due to absorption of moisture into any part of the wood substrate
- Color Appearance, Fading or Extractive Bleeding/Tannin Stains, which are not manufacturing defects and therefore are not covered by this warranty • Settlement or Structural Movement of the Product or the materials to which the Product is attached
- Damage or Failure Not Directly Caused by Fungus, including water damage, splitting, warping, twisting, swelling or shrinkage
- Damage Covered by the Topcoat Warranty. Coverage under such warranty must be sought prior to submitting a claim under the Warranty Period
- Exceeding the Maximum Designed Wind Loads
- Ordinary Wear & Tear of the Product
- Exposure to harmful chemicals (including harmful cleaning compounds), fumes, vapors, salt spray, air pollutants, vandalism or other abuse/misuse that may result in surface deterioration
- For XT Trim, Uses Other Than Non-structural Trim and Fascia Applications, including but not limited to handrails, stairs and walkways
Belco reserves the right to discontinue or modify any of its products at any time, without notice to the consumer, and will not be liable as a result of such discontinuance or modification. If this occurs and Belco Forest Products replaces any Product under warranty, it may substitute materials of comparable quality and/or price.
THE DURATION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY SUCH AS WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILTY AND FITNESS ARE LIMITED TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD AS DESCRIBED ABOVE OR BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES. BELCO FOREST PRODUCTS MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES, AND DOES NOT AUTHORIZE ANY OTHER PERSON OR AGENT TO MAKE ANY OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES. BELCO FOREST PRODUCTS’ OBLGATIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND/OR LIABILITY IS STRICTLY LIMITED TO REPLACING OR REFUNDING THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT AND IN NO EVENT SHALL BELCO FOREST PRODUCTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM BREACH OF WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. ALL JUDICIAL PROCEEDINGS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING HERETO, MUST BE BROUGHT IN ANY STATE OR FEDERAL COURT OF THE UNITED STATES SITTING IN MASON COUNTY, WA, IF THAT COURT DOES NOT HAVE JURISDICTION, IN THE FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF WASHINGTON AT TACOMA, WA. BY MAKING ANY CLAIM UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, THE CLAIMANT IRREVOCABLY (I) ACCEPTS GENERALLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF SUCH COURTS, AND (II) WAIVES ANY DEFENSE OR FORUM NON CONVENIENS. XT Trim, XT Post, and XT Beam Product Registration Form