Belco Forest Products leads the way in preservative treated and primed exterior wood millwork for use in residential and commercial construction projects. Builders enjoy the beauty of natural wood that is also environmentally friendly, easy to install and built to last. We’ve been partnering with the premier dealers and distributors across the country since our inception in 1978.
Belco Forest Products located in Shelton Washington is looking for an experienced Production Manager to join our growing team!
The Production Manager reports to the Vice President of Operations and is accountable to manage the day-to-day activities of the operation. The successful candidate will plan, organize, direct, coordinate and control mill activities to support production. This position is responsible for utilizing Belco’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure continuous improvement and optimization throughout operations. The Production Manager is accountable for achieving Belco’s health and safety, quality, productivity, and cost objectives.
Essential Functions of this Position
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Responsible for the timely reporting of all business metrics and KPIs for the manufacturing organization, conducts presentations of technical information concerning production processes, schedules, projects, quality, inventory, and costs.
- Promote supervisor and employee involvement in SOPs and KPIs, providing coaching, feedback, and direction to improve results.
- Providing clear direction to supervisors that maximizes efficiency and minimizes costs while ensuring product quality, safety, and inventory accuracy.
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively eliminate hazards.
- Responsible for scheduling of shifts and employees within the Production and Shipping & Receiving organizations.
- Accountable for providing coaching and performance management development to supervisors.
- Using The Belco Playbook as a guide, build employee commitment and ownership by holding employees responsible for Belco Core Values in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Foster a culture of open and respectful communication.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma; Associate degree or higher preferred
- 7 to 10 years in the sawmill industry within various positions
- Experience working in a wood products business with financial and labor relations responsibilities.
- Demonstrated track record of success to raise operational performance
- Knowledge and relevant experience in Continuous Improvement principles and tools
- Knowledge and ability in utilizing computerized systems
- Mobilizing and coaching leadership, ability to provide supportive feedback and to deal with conflicts
- Ability to influence and to lead the team to reach determined objectives
- Strong planning, organizing, prioritizing, time management and delegation skills
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated skills in operation analysis, Continuous Improvement and problem solving
- Capacity to instill a sense of urgency
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Results Driven/Commitment to Succeed
- Stress Management/Composure
- Teamwork Orientation
- Safety Mindset
Supervisory and Management Responsibility
This position manages the production, shipping and receiving and inventory of Belco and Custom products.
Typically works in in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas. Ability to perform consistent work on a computer. The environment may be highly stressful when pending production deadlines and requirements must be achieved.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Make fast, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Understand the speech of another person.
- Regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing, and reaching.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- See details of objects that are less or more than a few feet away.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position. This position may require long hours to meet business requirements. Schedule may consist of nights, overtime, weekend, and holiday work; schedule flexibility is required.
This position may travel to meet business requirements
This is a full-time position with health & welfare benefits. This position may require long hours to meet business requirements. Schedule may consist of nights, overtime, weekend, and holiday work; schedule flexibility is required.
Our success as a company relies on the work ethic and personal success of our employees. As a result, we aim to be an attractive employer that encourages our staff to develop their strengths and recognizes their achievements. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team – especially from within, through an emphasis on continual learning and development.
Belco Forest Products complies with Federal Transparency in Coverage regulations by providing this link to machine readable files related to the health plans offered to our employees. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data including negotiated service rates, and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers.