Belco Forest Products leads the way in preservative treated and primed exterior wood millwork for use in residential and commercial construction projects. Builders enjoy the beauty of natural wood that is also environmentally friendly, easy to install and built to last. We’ve been partnering with the premier dealers and distributors across the country since our inception in 1978.
Belco Forest Products located in Shelton Washington is looking for an experienced payroll and human resources professional to join our team!
The Payroll and Human Resource (HR) Functional Manager is responsible for running the daily functions within the Payroll and HR departments. This is a hands-on position with no direct reports.
Within the Payroll function, this position is expected to maintain and review time keeping and payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, reimbursements, 401(k) contributions, benefits, garnishments, taxes and other deductions.
Within the Human Resources function, this position will be responsible for all aspects of Human Resources across multiple states including recruitment, employee relations, management and employee coaching and compensation.
- Collaborate with Accounting and people managers to ensure all employees are paid accurately and timely. Maintain the integrity of employee payroll data and all related employee information systems.
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Drive the complete talent acquisition process including setting guidelines for hiring, writing job descriptions, sourcing candidates, conducting interviews, and onboarding new agency workers and employees. Develop and maintain a strong partnership with preferred staffing agencies to ensure an “as needed” pipeline of hourly production workers.
- Negotiate, enhance, and administer company benefits programs including contract renewals and negotiations, employee enrollment, plan administration and required reporting. Provide day-to-day interface with employees on benefits questions.
- Partner with management team to create and implement programs to develop and engage employees. Champion Belco Forest Products’ Core Values into everyday operations.
- Provide coaching, development, and training to enhance management capability and accountability. Function as a trusted adviser to managers in coaching them on successful employee development, problem/conflict resolution and performance management.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations regarding employment, payroll and reporting.
- High degree of personal integrity, confidentiality and work ethic
- BS/ BA degree in Human Resource Management, Business or related discipline preferred. Experience accepted in lieu of an undergraduate degree
- 5+ years Payroll and HR Generalist experience
- Demonstrated level of maturity and judgment, as well as the ability to remain objective and develop trusting and respectful relationships at all levels
- Track record of successful HR partnership within an organization and demonstrated business acumen
- Exceptionally high level of commitment to the success of individuals
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a calm, professional, positive, problem-solving attitude
- Driver with proven decision making, problem solving, judgment, communication, and interpersonal skills. Ability to define priorities and to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Thorough knowledge of all federal, state and local employment and wage and hour laws and regulations
- Zenefits experience a plus
This is a full-time position with benefits.
Our success as a company relies on the work ethic and personal success of our employees. As a result, we aim to be an attractive employer that encourages our staff to develop their strengths and recognizes their achievements. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team – especially from within, through an emphasis on continual learning and development.